Saturday, October 9, 2010

Kurdish Military

ursday, September 30th 2010

I couldn’t believe what I saw when we pulled into the Kurdish Military Base….Soldiers lined up on both side of the street as far as I could see standing at attention. 
Walking into the building for a meeting with the Kurdish Minister of Defense the Soldiers lined the side walk to greet us…
Jan talked for the Gold Star Mom’s and of course she did a fabulous job..

Kurdish Minister of Defense gave us a nice crystal award thanking us for our children and the sacrifice they made for their country…and making the long journey from home as Gold Star Moms..
We had lunch with the Military and what a great surprise some US Soldiers greeted us…It was so nice to see someone from home…and at the same time they seemed just as happy to see us….of course they receive HUGE HUGS from me ( colleen )…



1 comment:

  1. That is so cool the Kurdish soldiers stood at attention. It brought tears to my eyes. I look up to you so much for all that you have brought out of a horrible situation. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete